Windsor, Maine is small town of 2240 residents located approximently 13 miles east of our state capitol, Augusta. Windsor began as a plantation known as New Waterford. The town was incorporated as Malta in 1809. In 1820 it was reincorporated as Gerry to honor statesman Elbridge Gerry and two years later it was incorporated again as Windsor. One of Windsor's historical claims to fame is the Malta War in 1809.
Today Windsor is home to the 2nd largest agricultural fair. Located in the heart of Central Maine, the fairgrounds are in close proximity to the coast, golf courses and mountains. Encompassing 275 acres, it is one of the largest agricultural fairs with attendance estimated at over 150,000!