Capitol Computers (a PSB.com company) is a leading provider of managed IT support and services with expert Systems, Software, and IT Engineers, Technicians, and Project Managers. With its comprehensive know-how and specific sector knowledge, Capitol Computers offers solutions and services from a single source – from professional services to systems integration to software development and management of IT infrastructures.
Helpdesk Technician is an entry-level position that provides front line support to computer users. This position handles a variety of issues that require investigation and resolution of software and hardware problems.
- First point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance (primarily by phone or email)
- Remotely diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with computer and video surveillance systems, telephones, and other connected devices
- Research, analyze, and provide hardware and software recommendations to meet client needs
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate technicians
- Create and schedule tickets in our helpdesk, track and document all work, and follow up after completion
- All other duties as assigned
- Good working knowledge of computer hardware, software, and terminology
- Good working knowledge of local area networks
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Active Directory
- Good working knowledge of Mobile Devices (Cell Phones & Tablets)
- A+ and Server+ Certification recommended